Below are the dates for the 2022 Leesburg Bikefest. Next, this Florida motorcycle rally is billed as the “World’s Largest Three-Day Motorcycle & Music Event.”
In 1997 the first Leesburg event was held. And the Leesburg bike week has grown to regularly having over 250,000 attendees. Again in 2022 the Bike Fest in Leesburg is on the LightningCustoms.com’s Major Motorcycle Rallies List.
Unfortunately, with only six weeks away from the start of the motorcycle rally there are not all the details on the Bikefest. And we aren’t sure why.
Leesburg Rally Layout
Next, the layout for the Leesburg Bike Fest is pretty cool. Notably, it is held on 30 blocks in downtown. And it is all set aside just for the motorcycle event. Plus Main Street is open only for motorcycles during the Leesburg Motorcycle Rally.
In addition, there are multiple different venues with special events set up for the Leesburg bike week. And one very convenient thing is that all of the venues are within walking distance of each other.
What’s Happens at Leesburg Bike Fest?
First, some of the big attractions include over 60 bands. Note, that a lot of the bands are tribute bands. But there are normally no national acts.
In addition, there will be multiple bike shows. Also, at the Leesburg bike week there will be six hot body contests. Plus, there are poker runs, motorcycle demonstrations, stunt shows, and a car show. In addition, there are over 200 vendors at Bike Fest. Finally, there will be a Veterans tribute and a Sunday service.
Again, the Leesburg rally’s venues are now available on the site. Note that the main area is in downtown. And here are some of the Bike Fests venues:
Leesburg Main Stage
Great Chicago Fire
McCracken’s Irish Pub
Lake Square Mall
The Brick & Barrell
Also, in the past there have been VIP tickets available. But again, the details are not available if there will be VIP tickets for the 2022 Leesburg Bikefest. Please see the site for details. Additionally, most of the events are family friendly.
Finally, although there have been shuttles at previous Leesburg Bike Fests, there is no information on their site. In the past it ran from early in the morning until late at night and it only cost $1.
Florida Motorcycle Laws
Here are some of the motorcycle laws to ride to Leesburg Bikefest and in Florida.
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws – Here are the laws for wearing motorcycle helmets in Florida:
Motorcycle helmets are optional if you are over 21 and you have $10,000 in medical benefits.
For both riders and passengers under the age of 21, a helmet must be worn.
- Eye Protection – Whether you are in Leesburg or another city in Florida, eye protection is required when riding.
- Headphones & Headsets – You can’t wear headphones, earbuds, headsets, or other listening devices when you are riding your bike.
- Handlebar Height – Florida motorcycle law requires handlebars need to be below your shoulders when properly seated.
- Motorcycle Headlight – A motorcycle must have at least one headlight. But no more than two headlights. Whenever you’re riding in Florida they must be on.
- Brake Light – In Florida, motorcycles must have a brake light.
- Taillight – Florida bike laws require a taillight.
- Turn Signals – All motorized vehicles must have turn signals.
- Motorcycle Seats – Motorcycle laws in Florida require the rider and passengers to have “permanently” attached seats.
- Motorcycle Horn – If you’re riding in Leesburg for the Bike Week or anywhere in Florida you need a horn. Note: the horn must be loud enough to be heard from 200 feet away.
- Mirrors – All motorcycles and other motorized vehicles, must have a mirror.
- Reflectors – When traveling anywhere in Florida or in Leesburg for Bikefest, you need one red rear reflector.
- Holding Items While Riding -Under Florida law, both hands must always be on the motorcycle handlebars.
- Lane Splitting – While riding to or in Leesburg, you are not allowed to split lanes as it is illegal in all of Florida.
- Lane Sharing – Motorcycle laws in Florida, make it illegal to ride motorcycles side-by-side.
- Racing, Exhibition of Speed & Stunts -None of these are allowed in Florida.
NOTE: Please check out the Florida’s for specifics and updates before you take off for Leesburg Bikefest:
–Florida Motorized Vehicles Laws http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0300-0399/0316/0316.html
–Florida Motorcycle Laws http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?StatuteYear=2021&AppMode=Display_Results&Mode=Search%2520Statutes&Submenu=2&Tab=statutes&Search_String=motorcycle
Finally, you might want to check out the Daytona Bike Week in Florida.
Leesburg Bikefest Videos
Check Out These Other Events
03/03/2023 – 03/12/2023
Daytona Beach, Florida
10/13/2022 – 10/16/2022
Daytona Beach, Florida
05/12/2023 – 05/21/2023
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
10/19/2022 – 10/23/2022
Panama City Beach, Florida