First, the dates for the 2023 Leesburg Bikefest are live. Next, this Florida motorcycle rally is billed as the “World’s Largest Three-Day Motorcycle & Music Event.”
In 1997 the first Leesburg event was held. And the Leesburg bike week has grown to regularly having over 250,000 attendees. Again in 2023, the Bike Fest in Leesburg is on LightningCustoms.com’s Major Motorcycle Rallies List.
Unfortunately, only six weeks from the start of the motorcycle rally, there are not all the details on the Bikefest. And we aren’t sure why.
Leesburg Rally Layout
Next, the layout for the Leesburg Bike Fest is pretty cool. Notably, it is held on 30 blocks downtown. And it is all set aside just for the motorcycle event. Plus, Main Street is open only for motorcycles during the Leesburg Motorcycle Rally.
In addition, there are multiple venues with special events for the Leesburg bike week. And one very convenient thing is that all of the venues are within walking distance of each other.
What’s Happens at Leesburg Bike Fest?
First, some of the big attractions include over 60 bands. Note that a lot of the bands are tribute bands. But there are usually no national acts.
In addition, there will be multiple bike shows. Also, there will be six hot body contests at the Leesburg bike week. Plus, there are poker runs, motorcycle demonstrations, stunt shows, and a car show. In addition, there are over 200 vendors at Bike Fest. Finally, there will be a Veterans tribute and a Sunday service.
Again, the Leesburg rally’s venues are now available on the site. Note that the main area is downtown. And here are some of the Bike Fests venues:
Leesburg Main Stage
Great Chicago Fire
McCracken’s Irish Pub
Lake Square Mall
The Brick & Barrell
Also, in the past, there have been VIP tickets available. But again, the details are unavailable if there will be VIP tickets for the 2023 Leesburg Bikefest. Please see the site for more information. Additionally, most of the events are family-friendly.
Finally, although there have been shuttles at previous Leesburg Bike Fests, there is no information on their site. In the past, it ran from early morning until late at night, and it only cost $1.
Florida Motorcycle Laws
Here are some motorcycle laws to ride to Leesburg Bikefest and in Florida.
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws – Here are the laws for wearing motorcycle helmets in Florida:
- Motorcycle helmets are optional if you are over 21 and have $10,000 in medical benefits.
- A helmet must be worn for both riders and passengers under the age of 21.
- Eye Protection – In Leesburg or another Florida city, eye protection is required when riding.
- Headphones & Headsets – You can’t wear headphones, earbuds, headsets, or other listening devices while riding your bike.
- Handlebar Height – Florida motorcycle law requires handlebars to be below your shoulders when properly seated.
- Motorcycle Headlight – A motorcycle must have at least one headlight. But no more than two headlights. Whenever you’re riding in Florida, they must be on.
- Brake Light – In Florida, motorcycles must have a brake light.
- Taillight – Florida bike laws require a taillight.
- Turn Signals – All motorized vehicles must have turn signals.
- Motorcycle Seats – Motorcycle laws in Florida require the rider and passengers to have “permanently” attached seats.
- Motorcycle Horn – If you’re riding in Leesburg for Bike Week or anywhere in Florida, you need a horn. Note: the horn must be loud enough to be heard from 200 feet away.
- Mirrors – All motorcycles and other motorized vehicles must have a mirror.
- Reflectors – You need one red rear reflector when traveling anywhere in Florida or Leesburg for Bikefest.
- Holding Items While Riding -Under Florida law, both hands must always be on the motorcycle handlebars.
- Lane Splitting – While riding to or in Leesburg, you cannot split lanes as it is illegal in all of Florida.
- Lane Sharing – Motorcycle laws in Florida make it illegal to ride motorcycles side-by-side.
- Racing, Exhibition of Speed & Stunts -None of these are allowed in Florida.
NOTE: Please check out Florida’s for specifics and updates before you take off for Leesburg Bikefest:
–Florida Motorized Vehicles Laws http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0300-0399/0316/0316.html
–Florida Motorcycle Laws http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?StatuteYear=2021&AppMode=Display_Results&Mode=Search%2520Statutes&Submenu=2&Tab=statutes&Search_String=motorcycle
Finally, check out the Daytona Bike Week in Florida.