Hogs & Hounds Charity Poker Run
|Start Date:||Jul 23rd, 2006|
|End Date:||Jul 23rd, 2006|
|Address:||600 N. US 17 92|
Longwood, FL 32750
Book on Hotels.com
|Description||The Hogs & Hounds Charity Poker Run is a tour of Eastern Seminole County. Although it is primarily a motorcycle event all are invited to join in the festivities. For those who have never been on a Poker Run the following is an outline of how this will unfold:
• Between 9:00am and 11:00am, folks will register for the Run at HandleBar & Grille in Longwood. Cost is $5.00 per hand. Participants will receive directions and a run-card. They will draw one playing card from a deck and it will be recorded on their run-card.
• From HandleBar & Grille they will proceed to The Jolly Gator in Geneva. Here they will draw their second and have it recorded.
• The third will be drawn at The Hitching Post in Chuluota in the same manner.
• The fourth stop on the Run is Lazy Gator in Oviedo, where a portion of airboat ride tickets will go towards the fundraiser, so take a ride on the wild side.
• Returning to the HandleBar & Grille by 3:45pm, when the 5th card will be drawn. For those that would like Cards 6 and 7 can be acquired for an additional donation of $1.00 per card.
NOTE: If during the Run you draw a card that you already have previously drawn, you will be required to draw again. In the event of a tie for the best 5 card poker hand; each person involved in the tie will draw 1 card (high card wins) to determine the winner. Final prize will be determined based on the number of participates.
After the Run there will be Live Music, Food, and additional activities including a 50/50 raffle, individual merchandise raffles, and a set of auction items. For our pool-playing crowd, potential activities include an Eight on the Break Competition and a Make that Trick Shot Competition.
About the Cause
The Hogs & Hounds Poker Run is being run by Friends of Leash Optional Parks, Inc. The 501-C3 non-profit organization is dedicated to helping establish safe, community, dog-friendly parks. Proceeds from this event will go toward purchasing shade trees for the HoundGround dog park.
Back One Page
Back to Motorcycle Rallies Calendar First Page