motorcycle and leather up logo
Motorcycle Rallies Calendar 2016 Major Biker Rallies Submit a Motorcycle Event Home

POW/MIA Remembrance Run

Start Date:Jul 16th, 2010
End Date:Jul 18th, 2010
Address:112 Main St
Underwood, MN   56586
Google Map
Book on Hotels.com
DescriptionOn the third weekend of July each year, the Underwood American Legion hosts its annual POW/MIA Remembrance Run. This is a benefit motorcycle run to help raise funds for the Fergus Falls Veterans Home.

Although our main goal is to raise funds for the home, we are also trying keep POW/MIA issues in the public eye. While most people think of Viet Nam when they hear about POW/MIA issues, the truth is there are servicemen from every American conflict that fall into these categories including the war in Iraq. We believe that is is important to do all we can to account for missing servicemen from all wars and conflicts.

Each year, 85% of the money raised by the POW/MIA Run helps the veterans home to provide outside activities for its residents such as fishing trips, bowling and other recreation away from the home. The remaining 15% is put into a special fund to erect a veterans memorial in Underwood, MN in the future when the funds allow. Funds are raised for this event in a number of ways including participant donations, business sponsorships, and a raffle.

Even if you are not a motorcycle rider, we would like to invite you and your family to the memorial service, free-will donation dinner, and street dance after the run which are open to the public. Please help us to provide a better quality of life for those that have sacrificed so much for us and to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

2010 Schedule Of Events
Friday July 16th
6pm till 11pm Silent Auction Begins in Basement
9pm till Close Pre-Run Party with DJ DAVER

FREE CAMPING ALL WEEKEND!

Saturday July 17th
8am till 11am Breakfast Served by the Underwood Cub Scouts at the Underwood Community Center

9am till 7pm Silent Auction Continues in Basement
10am till Noon Run Registration
12 Noon Run Leaves Underwood

FREE CAMPING WITH SHUTTLE SERVICE FROM THE CAMPGROUND TO THE BAR 5pm till 1am!

Appx. 5:30pm Return to Underwood
6pm Memorial Service
Appx. 6:45pm Pig Roast Dinner Served
7pm Silent Auction and Raffle Winners Announced
8pm till Midnight Street Dance with Music by

Sunday July 18th
9am till 11am Breakfast Served by the St. James Quilts of Valor Ladies at the Underwood Community Center Proceeds go to Quilts of Valor.
Host:American Legion Post 489
Contact:Speedy
Phone:218-826-6989
Email:americanlegion@post489.com
Website:www.post489.com/POW
POW/MIA Remembrance Run


Back One Page
Back to Motorcycle Rallies Calendar First Page



Biker T-Shirts for Men - Evil One Brand